AIEEE Notification 2012 Admission exam Date Eligibility Application Form Exam Fee
Scheme of the AIEEE Exam
The AIEEE encompasses 2 papers.
The questions from these topics shall be of the objective type and all shall have equal weightage.
- Aptitude Test
The intention of this test is to examine the observation skills, imagination, innovative skills, observation and architectural awareness of the applicant.
Scoring and Negative Marking
Questions will have 4 options for students to choose the correct answer. Every correct response shall entail the full marks and wrong responses shall lead to the subtraction of 1/4th of the whole total marks allotted to that particular question. Answers ought to be marked in blue or black ball point pens only.
Paper 1- B.E/B.TECH
Objective type questions
Paper 2 Mathematics – B.Arch/B. Planning
- Part I Objective type questions
- Part II – Aptitude Test & Objective type questions
- Part III – Drawing Test (Questions meant to test the drawing aptitude.)
Syllabus for the AIEEE Exam
- Binomial Theorem and Its Simple Applications
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic
- Co-Ordinate Geometry
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Limit, Continuity and Differentiability
- Mathematical Induction
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutations and Combinations
- Sequences and Series
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Statistics and Probability
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Alternating Currents
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Communication Systems
- Current Electricity
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electromagnetic Induction And
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electronic Devices
- Energy and Power
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Laws of Motion
- Magnetic Effects of Current And
- Oscillations and Waves
- Physics and Measurement
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Rotational Motion
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Surface Chemistry
- Alkaline Earth Metals)
- Classification of Elements And
- Co-Ordination Compounds
- D– And F –Block Elements
- Environmental Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals
- P – Block Elements
- Periodicity in Properties
- S – Block Elements (Alkali And
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Principles of Organic
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic Compounds Containing
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Principles Related To Practical Chemistry
Syllabus for B. Arch. /B. Planning Aptitude Test
Part – I
- Awareness of persons, Buildings, Objects, Texture related to Architecture
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects
- Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal)
Part – II
Three dimensional – perception
- Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil
- Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes
- Generation of Plan
- Elevations and 3 D views of objects
- Creating 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional compositions
- Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape, landscape & rural life
Language of the Question Papers
Applicants have the option to write the entrance exams in either Hindi or English. The language for writing the exam must be mentioned in the admission form. The option cannot be changed afterwards. But those who have opted for the Hindi paper will get the question paper in both Hindi as well as English.
The minimum qualification needed by one to appear for the AIEEE is a pass in standard 10+2. Students of the general category must have above 50 percent marks and applicants of the reserved communities must have above 40 percent marks in their finals. Students who are going to appear for their finals are eligible to apply for the AIEEE exam too.
How to Apply?
One can apply for the AIEEE exam by the online or offline methods. Forms can also be got by post from the office of the Assistant Secretary (AIEEE). An alternative is to get it personally from the regional offices of the CBSE. Other options are the chosen branches of the Syndicate Bank or other Designated Institutions.
Cost of Application Form
The price of the AIEEE admission form is Rs 450/- for students of the general category and Rs. 225/- for students of the reserved communities
Rules for Reservation
Reservation for applicants of SC/ST/OBC categories or who are handicapped shall be applicable as per the norms of the Indian Government/State concerned. This may be improvised on a timely basis.
How to fill the Form?
Students need to be very careful when they are filling the forms by the online or offline methods. Once the form is posted, students won’t get another chance to rectify the mistakes they made. Some tips are:
- Makes sure that you have filled the form using all the correct information only.
- Use only the correct pen or pencil as mentioned in the prospectus.
- Attach all the important documents securely. Non presentation of vital documents will lead to the rejection of candidature.
- Provide the required number of recent photographs.
- Send the mail before the last date declared.
Given below are the important dates pertaining to the AIEEE exam.
- Sale of AIEEE Application Form – The sale will begin in the mid of December and will be available until the second week of January.
- Online submission of application – The forms can be submitted from the mid week of November to the second week of January.
- Last date for the reception of application by post – The last week of December.
- Sale of Information Bulletin at chosen branches of the Syndicate Bank – This will begin in the second week of January.
- Last date for the reception of forms with Bank Draft – Mid of January
- Date of dispatch of Admit Card – Admit cards will be dispatched from the mid week of March and this will resume until the end of the month.
- Issue/dispatch of replica of the admit card – This will be done during the first week of April to the last week of April. This will continue onto the first week of May in case of issue by post.
Dates of Examination:
- PAPER – 1 – This will be carried out in the 1st week of May, 2012
- PAPER – 2 – This exam too shall be on the same day but shall be carried out in the afternoon.
- Declaration of Results – The declaration shall be on or before the 1st week of June, 2012
- Dispatch of Score Cards – The score cards shall be sent from the 2nd week of June till the end of the month, 2012
- Issue/Dispatch of duplicate score cards – Issue of duplicate cards shall be done from the 1st week of July till the end of that month, 2012.
Institutions That Accept the AIEEE Score
- National Institute of Technology (NITs)
- Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
- Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala
- National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- National Institute of Technology, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
- National Institute of Technology, Goa sufficient
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- National Institute of Technology, Manipur
- National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya
- National Institute of Technology, Mizoram
- National Institute of Technology, Nagaland
- National Institute of Technology, Patna
- National Institute of Technology, Pondicherry
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
- National Institute of Technology, Sikkim
- National Institute of Technology, Silchar
- National Institute of Technology, Srinagar (J&K)
- National Institute of Technology, Srinagar, Garhwal
- National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, Mangalore
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur
- Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs, IIITM & IIITDM)
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Amethi
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Jhalwa
- Pandit Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing
List of cities where the AIEEE shall be carried out and their codes.
Andaman & Nicobar
- Port Blair – 201
- Guntur – 202
- Hyderabad – 203
- Tirupati – 204
- Vijayawada – 205
- Visakhapatnam – 206
- Warangal – 207
- Itanagar – 208
- Guwahati – 209
- Silchar – 210
- Gaya – 211
- Muzzafarpur – 212
- Patna – 213
- Chandigarh/Panchkula/Mohali – 214
- Raipur – 215
Dadar & Nagar Haveli
- Dadar & Nagar Haveli – 216
Daman & Diu
- Daman & Diu – 217
- Delhi – 218
- Panaji – 219
- Ahmedabad – 220
- Surat – 221
- Vadodara – 222
- Faridabad – 223
- Hissar – 224
- Kurukshetra – 225
- Hamirpur – 226
- Shimla – 227
Jammu & Kashmir
- Jammu – 228
- Srinagar – 229
- Bokaro – 230
- Dhanbad – 231
- Jamshedpur – 232
- Ranchi – 233
- Bengaluru – 234
- Hubli – 235
- Mangalore – 236
- Eranakulam – 237
- Kozhikode – 238
- Trivandrum – 239
- Kavarati – 240
- Bhopal – 241
- Gwalior – 242
- Jabalpur – 243
- Indore – 244
- Amravati – 245
- Aurangabad – 246
- Mumbai – 247
- Nagpur – 248
- Nasik – 249
- Pune – 250
- Thane – 251
- Imphal – 252
- Shillong – 253
- Aizwal – 254
- Kohima – 255
- Bhubaneshwar – 256
- Rourkela – 257
- Pondicherry – 258
- Bhatinda – 259
- Jalandhar – 260
- Ajmer – 261
- Jaipur – 262
- Jodhpur – 263
- Udaipur – 264
- Gangtok – 265
- Chennai – 266
- Coimbatore – 267
- Madurai – 268
- Agartala – 269
- Dehradun – 270
- Haldwani – 271
- Pantnagar – 272
- Roorkee – 273
- Agra – 274
- Allahabad – 275
- Bareilly – 276
- Gorakhpur – 277
- Kanpur – 278
- Lucknow – 279
- Noida – 280
- Varanasi – 281
- Durgapur – 282
- Kolkata – 283
- Siliguri – 284
- Dubai – 285
- Riyad – 286
Contact Address of the AIEEE
- Address: The Assistant Secretary (AIEEE Unit), Central Board of Secondary Education, PS 1-2, Institutional Area, IP Extension, Patparganj, Delhi 110 092
- Phone: 011-22239177-80 Extension 110, 151, 157; 011-22246095, 22246087
- Tele Fax: 011-22246095, 22235775
- E-mail: pitams[dot]cbse[at]nic[dot]in; glmittal[dot]cbse[at]nic[dot]in (students are requested to put dot instead of [.] and at instead of [@] when sending the email)
- AIEEE Helpline Numbers: 011-22236111, 12, 13, 14, 15
Many reference books will be available for students to make use of. A few of them are given below:
- H.C. Verma Concepts of Physics Vol I and II
- I.E. Irodov Problems in General Physics
- Halliday, Resnick & Walker Fundamentals of Physics Reference Book
- Ebbing General Chemistry Reference Book
- J.D. Lee Concise Inorganic Chemistry Reference Book
- R.T. Morrison, R.N. Boyd Organic Chemistry Reference Book
- I.A. Maron Problems in Calculus of One Variable
- Vectors & 3-D Geometry Arihant Prakashan
- Vectors Shanti Narayan Reference Book
Many more reference books by notable authors will be available in all leading stationary stores. Students can purchase this and practice on them.
There are many coaching centres in our country that offers students tutoring in AIEEE. Some of them encompass:
- Aakash Institute
- AIMS Education
- Allen Career Institute
- Brilliant Tutorials
- Brilliant Tutorials
- Career Forum Private Limited
- Career Launcher
- Career Point
- Career Point
- Eureka Academy
- FIIT JEE
- IITian’s Pace Education
- Resonance Coaching Centre
Previous year Papers
Model question papers of the preceding years can be got from all leading book stores. Sometimes, guide books one buy will contain a few question papers. Besides this, one can always search the internet and download question papers. Numerous sites will provide one with these papers.
Previous year papers for AIEEE
These are a few of the links from where the question papers of the preceding years can be downloaded.
The best thing a student can do when preparing for the AIEEE Entrance Exam is to start from the beginning. As there is a lot to be covered, it does take time and a lot of concentration to get through all the portions. Students can enroll themselves there or study by themselves. It is recommended for students to study with some coaching centres as they will be able to get more familiar with all the portions without too much difficulty. Those who wish to study by themselves can purchase the guide books and start preparing.
How and Where To Get the Results?
The results for the AIEEE entrance exam can be got from the official website of the Central Board of Secondary Education – http://cbseresults.nic.in/
Expected sectional cutoffs
Given below is the sectional AIEEE cut off’s for the year 2010:
- Students who get 380 and above marks will get a rank in between 1-10 positions.
- Students who get marks in between 350 – 379 marks will get ranked amongst 11-100 positions.
- Students who get marks in between 325 – 349 marks will get ranked amongst 101-500 positions.
- Students who get marks in between 300 – 324 marks will get ranked amongst 500-1000 positions.
- Students who get marks in between 280 – 299 marks will get ranked amongst 1000-2000 positions.
- Students who get marks in between 250 -279 marks will get ranked amongst 2000-5000 positions.
- Students who get marks in between 220 – 249 marks shall get positioned amongst 5000-10000 ranks.
- Students who get marks in between 195 – 219 marks shall be placed amongst 10000-20000 ranks.
- Students who get marks in between 175 – 194 marks shall be placed amongst 20000-30000 ranks.
- Students who get marks in between 160 – 174 marks shall get ranked amongst 30000-40000.
- Students who get marks in between 147 – 159 marks will be placed amongst40000-50000 ranks.
- Students who get marks in between 125 – 146 marks shall be placed amongst 50000-75000 ranks.
- Students who get marks in between 108 – 124 marks shall be placed amongst 50000-100000 positions.
- Students who get marks a few as 108 shall be placed amongst the above 100000 category.
The AIEEE score can only be used to gain admission into the current year of admission.
Disputes that concern the conduct of AIEEE will be within the authority of only the city of Delhi. The legal person who shall sue or be sued against will be the Board’s Secretary. Person (s) who is caught in the act of attempting the leakage of question papers or attempt to help anyone in the unfair means in this exam shall be held legally responsible to prosecution under the Penal Code of India.