There are a total of nine IIMs in the country. Estimated number of seats available in all IIMs is about 1200. Each IIM will have 120 seats in PGP in Management. Out of these total seats, 75 percent seats (900) may be available for General Category candidates and the remaining will be allotter for Reserved Category Students. Candidates need higher percentiles to get a seat in top ranked IIMs such as IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta and IIM Lucknow.
Following are the details of IIMs and Cut Offs: 1) IIM Bangalore 2) IIM Ahmedabad 3) IIM Kozhikode 4) IIM Calcutta 5) IIM Lucknow 6) IIM Indore 7) IIM Ranchi 8. IIM Shillong 9) IIM Rohtak 10) IIM Raipur.
Following are probable cut off details for various IIMs. But one should remember that IIMs only short list candidates based on CAT for further selection processes like Group Discussions and Interviews. Here are probable cut offs:
1) IIM Ahmedabad (IIMA): Should have around 99.3 percentile overall .
2) IIM Bangalore (IIMB): Overall percentile should be aroung 95.
3) IIM Lucknow (IIML): Your percentile should be around 97.
4) IIM Calcutta (IIMC): You need to secure about 98.96 percentile.
5) IIM Indore (IIMI): Your percentile should be around 98.
6) IIM Shilong (IIMS): A overall percentile of 85 is required.
7) Other IIMs: Need about 80-85 percentile.
As the IIMs have changed CAT Test pattern from 2011, we have to wait and watch for its impact on cut offs.