IIT JAM 2012 Notification Cut Offs for MSc PhD Dual Degrees in IITs
IIT JAM Notification for msc and phd dual degrees 2011
IITs will conduct Joint Admission Test for Admission into M.Sc. Courses (JAM) for the year 2012.13. IITs are top level institutes for Engineering courses and also known for the quality of facilities, faculty and placements. IITs are also offering Post Graduate (M.Sc, MCA, M.Tech), Dual Degree and Research Programmes for Science Graduates in various subjects. All the IITs admit students into M.Sc., M.Sc.- Ph.D. Dual Degree and Ph.D. Programmes through Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. – JAM 2012. The IIT Bombay is the coordinating institute for JAM 2012. The IITs have decided to conduct JAM 2012 in February 2012 instead of May 2012. JAM 2012 Notification has been announced by IIT Bombay and interested candidates can apply online or offline through JAM 201 website at www.iitb.ac.in/jam. Old/ Previous question papers may also available on IIT JAM website. Results also will be displayed on the same website. Various PG programmes that are available in IITs located at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee can be obtained from the official website. Following are the details of programmes offered in various IITs, Cut Offs / Last Ranks, Previous papers and application process and JAM examination structure:
1. Chemistry: M.Sc. Chemistry / M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme in Energy / Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme in Chemistry / M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Environmental Science and Engineering.
2. Mathematics: M.Sc. Mathematics / M.Sc. Applied Mathematics/ M.Sc. Industrial Mathematics and Informatics / M.Sc. Mathematics and Computing / M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Operations Research/ Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme in Mathematics / M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Environmental Science and Engineering / M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme in Energy.
3. Physics: M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme in Energy / Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme in Physics / M.Sc. Physics / M.Sc. Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme in Physics / M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Environmental Science and Engineering.
4. Biotechnology: M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Biotechnology / M.Sc. Biotechnology / M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Environmental Science and Engineering
5. Geology: M.Sc. Applied Geology / M.Tech. in Geological Technology / Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme in Geology / M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Applied Geology.
6. Computer Applications: Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
7. Geophysics: Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme in Geophysics / M.Tech. Geophysical Technology / M.Sc. Applied Geophysics / M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Applied Geophysics
8. Mathematical Statistics: M.Sc. Statistics / M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree in Operations Research / M.Sc. Applied Statistics and Informatics.
Eligibility and Qualifications: Applicants should have Bachelor’s Degree in concerned discipline / specialization. This is the common educational qualification for all the post graduate programmes. IITs follow their own eligibility norms apart from JAM scores. There are different eligibility requirements for PG courses in IITs. JAM scores will be used by IITs for primary screening of the candidates. Interested candidates can visit respective IITs websites or www.iitb.ac.in/jam for more details and information. Detailed notification will also be published on Employment Notice dates 10th September 2011. IIT JAM 2012 results will be announced during March 2012.
1. Start of sale of Online Registrations: 22 September 2011.
2. Commencement of offline application submission: 22nd September 2011.
3. Last date for receipt of JAM 2012 applications at IIT Bombay : 31st October 2011 (Tentative)
4. JAM 2012 Exam date: 12th February 2012.