IOCL Indian Oil Corporation Limited Notification for requires 225 engineers in 2012 Jobs
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IndianOil), the transnational energy major, is the highest ranked Indian Company at 98th in the prestigious “Fortune Global 500” list. For over five decades, IndianOil has remained a leader due to the patronage of over a billion Indians. With one of Asia’¦s largest network of refineries, pipelines, retail outlets and the most trusted range of brands, IndianOil us also redefining its role as a Maharatna company with a group of dedicated and ever evolving work force.
Pursuing its journey to realize its new Vision, IndianOil is transforming itself to emerge as The Energy of India and to become a globally admired company. Recognized as one of the ‘Best Employers in India’ by the Great Place to Work Institute (GPW), India, IndianOil is offering excellent career opportunities as Engineers/ Graduate Apprentice Engineers (GAEs) in the following engineering disciplines:
Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals Engineering)
Computer Science & Information Technology
Electrical Engineering ( including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/ Telecommunication engineering)
Instrumentation Engineering (Including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication engineering/ Telecommunication engineering)
Mechanical Engineering (excluding Production/ Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineering)
The eligibility criteria regarding prescribed educational qualification, age and other eligibility criteria and application procedure is mentioned below:
Minimum educational qualification for employment in above mentioned positions are:
Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor¡¦s degree in engineering/ technology in the above mentioned disciplines (full time regular courses only)
Candidates, belonging to General and OBC (non- creamy layer) categories, should have secured minimum 65% marks in qualifying degree examinations. It is relaxed to ¡¥pass¡¦ for Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) /People With Disability (PWD) candidates. from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st
Age Limit August 2012.
Maximum 26 years as on 30th
Concessions/ Relaxations June, 2012 for the general category candidates. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directive.
Reservation of posts for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ PWD (degree of disability 40% or above) will be maintained as per Government of India directives.
Age relaxation to OBC (non-creamy layer), SC/ST and PWD candidates will be extended as per the Presidential Directive. For getting the reservation benefits under OBC category:
The name of caste and community of the candidate must appear in the ¡¦Central list of other Backward Classes
The candidates must not belong to creamy layer.
The candidates need to furnish their OBC certificate as per the format prescribed by Government of India and it must not be more that 6 months old.
Age relaxation by 5 years for candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989.
Age relaxation by 5 years for Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs / SSCOs) subject to rendering minimum 5 years¡¦ military service and fulfillment of other conditions prescribed by Government of India.
Minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination is relaxed to ¡¥pass class¡¦ for SC/ST/PWD category candidates.
Desirous candidates seeking employment with IndianOil needs to be medically fit as per IndianOil¡¦s pre-employment medical standard. Candidates are advised to go through the ¡Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment medical Examination¡¦ before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available in the following link: http://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/Pre-employment_Guiding_Principles11th_mar_2011.pdf Selection, Training and Placement The selection methodology will comprise of the following:
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineers (GATE) 2012 score of the candidates in the concerned disciplines. The graduate engineers from the relevant disciplines, desirous of taking up a career with IndianOil are required to appear in GATE-2012 in the same disciplines. The disciplines and corresponding GATE papers along with GATE paper codes are given below:
Engineering discipline advertised by Indian Oil.
Corresponding GATE ¡V2011 paper
Corresponding GATE ¡V2011 paper code
Chemical Engineering (Incl. Petrochemicals)
Computer Science & Information Technology
Computer Science & Information Technology
Instrumentation Engineering (Including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication engineering/ Telecom. engineering)
Mechanical Engineering (excluding Production/ Manufacturing/ Industrial)
On the basis of GATE-2012 score, the candidates will be short listed for further selection process comprising of:
Group Discussion / Group Task
Personal Interview for assessment of different facets of knowledge, skill, attitude and aptitude.
Please note that only GATE-2012 score is valid for this recruitment exercise. GATE score of 2011 or scores prior to that is not valid.
Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection.
Selected candidates shall have all-India transfer liability and may be posted to any Division / Unit / Subsidiary Company / Office of the Corporation.
General category candidates will have to execute a bond of Rs.1,00,000 (Rs.25000/- for SC/ST/OBC & PH candidates) to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years from the date of joining (date of appointment as Engineer in case of GAEs after successful completion of training).
Candidates selected as engineers/officers will receive a starting basic pay of Rs.24900/-per month. In addition, the selected candidates will receive Dearness Allowance (DA) and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation in force, as amended from time to time. Other allowances / benefits include HRA / subsidized housing accommodation (depending upon place of posting), medical facilities, performance related pay, gratuity, contributory provident fund, employees pension scheme, group personal accident insurance scheme, leave encashment, leave travel concession (LTC)/ LFA, contributory superannuation benefit fund scheme, house building advance(HBA), conveyance advance/ maintenance reimbursement, professional updation allowance, lap-top computer, children¡¦s education allowance etc. as per rules. The Cost-to-Company (CTC), will be around Rs. 9.00 lakhs per annum inclusive of performance related pay (PRP). Graduate Apprentice Engineers (GAEs) Candidates selected as GAEs for one-year apprenticeship training will be paid consolidated stipend @ Rs.35,000/- per month. Upon successful completion of apprenticeship training, they may be appointed as engineers in the scale of pay referred above. How to apply
1. GATE-2012 is scheduled on 12th February 2012. For detailed information on GATE-2012, interested candidates may log on to http://gate.iitd.ac.in/ GATE or the following websites of other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
2. Candidates need to apply/ register ONLINE for GATE-2012. Application process for GATE-2012 is entirely ONLINE.
3. The candidates will require their GATE-2012 Registration Number for applying to IndianOil. The registration number will appear on the GATE-2012 admit card of the candidates. The admit card can only be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites of IISc and 7 IITs. No other number (for eg. GATE-2012 form no. etc) should be entered as GATE-2012 registration number while applying to IndianOil
4. On downloading the GATE-2012 admit card and receipt of GATE registration number, the candidates need to apply to IndianOil ONLINE. The relevant link will be made available from 2nd Janaury¡¦2012 on the IndianOil¡¦s website www.iocl.com.
5. Candidates should click on the ONLINE application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the ONLINE application form giving accurate information including the GATE-2012 registration number.
6. Candidates must enter the same name as they are entering while applying to GATE-2012. (For example, if the candidates is entering Ravi Kumar Singh in the ONLINE GATE application, he must enter Ravi Kumar Singh (exactly same spelling) while applying to IndianOil ONLINE. He must not enter R K Singh or Ravi K Singh while applying to IndianOil). The candidates must fill-in the other information boxes correctly and ¡¥tick¡¦ the appropriate box, wherever applicable.
7. Upon completion, the candidate should submit the online application by clicking the Submit button at the bottom of the page. If the same is accepted, the system will generate a unique application ID along with the completed application form.
8. Candidate should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/ her signature at the space provided and keep with him/ her safely for future reference.
9. The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same submitted along with GATE-2012 application form and admit card. If the candidate is called for GD/GT and interview, his/ her identity would be verified with GATE-2012 admit card and GATE-2012 official score card.
10. 11th February 2012 is the last date for receiving the ONLINE application for IndianOil
There is no separate fee for applying to IndianOil.
1. The candidates must have an active e-mail id, which must remain valid for at least next one year. All future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail only.
2. The candidates should have the relevant documents like percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination, caste/sub-caste certificate, date of issue, name of issuing authority, state of origin, etc. readily available with them before they commence the ONLINE application process. This information will be required at the time of filling-in the ONLINE application.
3. Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree / diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
4. Candidates who have appeared/ are appearing in final qualifying examination in 2012 may also apply. If such candidates are short listed for interview, they will have to submit documentary proof of having passed the qualifying examination with minimum prescribed percentage of marks by 31st
5. People with Disability (PWD) candidates will be considered for selection against the identified posts. August 2012.
6. Candidates belonging to OBC category, but coming in creamy layer will not be entitled to the benefit of reservation and should apply as General Category candidate.
7. Candidates presently employed in Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies will need to submit NOC from competent authority of their current employer at the time of interview.
8. A candidate can apply in one discipline only. Candidates applying for more than one discipline will not be considered.
9. Candidates not found to be meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria shall be rejected at any stage of the selection process
10. Candidates can go through the ¡§Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)¡¨. In case any particular query is not covered in the FAQs, the candidates can write to IndianOil at email@example.com
For more Information Click Here